The busy season for those of us who deal with games / toys and other knick-knacks that fit under the tree is coming up. If you don’t think it’s time to start prepping for the season,you are definitely wrong. Christmas can be as much as 50% of a business’s sales for the year, certainly for Fortress Geek, we see a significant (like 100-200% increase) in monthly sales volume.
What can you do to make your Christmas Season flow well? Here’s a few suggestions:
- Advertising banners and on-site, in-season designs should be started immediately. You want them ready for the Christmas season to put shoppers in the right mood and remind them to purchase what they need now!
- It’s too late to start shipping Amazon for Toys & Games, but it’s worth considering places like eBay and other 3rd party sites. The bump in traffic during this period is definitely worth planning and grabbing at.
- Get your shipping area ready. Pick up all the necessary boxes, packing materials and tapes that you will need. You don’t want to have to slow down / stop shipping just because you forgot to buy paper for the printer.
- Pre-pack some of your best-selling items to prep for shipping. If you know you sell 100 copies of the same item, all in single lots, you can pre-pack these to speed up shipping.
- Make sure to organise multiple pick-ups / shipments as necessary with your courier company
- If you are hiring extra help, make sure all documentation and processes are already in-place. If possible, assign people to specific tasks that they can do continuously such that they can get good at that single task (pulling, packing, etc.) without having to learn the rest of your processes.
Do you have any other tips for e-commerce business’s during the upcoming business season?