And those who don’t, consult. Or teach. Depending on who you ask.
A lie, of sorts. There’s a million reasons why someone would consult or teach.
- Lack of capital to start a business
- Lack of desire to learn the other areas of business (e.g. logistics or accounting or HR)
- Enjoyment of the act of consulting / teaching
- Insufficient time to run a full business
- Using consulting / teaching to boostrap capital
Yet, like most things there’s a grain of truth in there. Be careful about the consultants and teachers you find, always check their previous references and check what they’ve done. Many aren’t able to run a business because really, they just aren’t that good.