One of the most amazing aspects of business that I find is the lack of follow through by so many individuals who run their own business. Time and again, I’ve met numerous consultants, individuals or businesses who lack the ability to follow through and achieve a sale. Some personal examples:
- 2 different businesses that I’ve offered to help set their e-commerce websites up at no cost
- a restaurant that was supposed to help us schedule a party / dinner
- logistics companies that don’t follow through on contact forms
- a gateway provider we met in person who never followed through with a quote
- a freelance content writer who we were looking to hire
All of the above are real world examples of individuals and businesses who missed out on an opportunity for business. In many of the cases, we were ready to buy and just needed a little follow-up. Instead, we received silence. So, remember – follow through whenever someone offers – you never know where it’s going to lead.